myparahangover

My ParaHangover

Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, Book 1)

Eternal Rider - Larissa Ione Eternal Rider, despite being the first book in the Lords of Deliverance series, carries with it the world from the Demonica series. But don't expect the same series or the same books. Yes, many old characters show up. And two not so major characters from Demonica, Kynan and Arik, continue to have story lines in Eternal Rider. But there aren't as many subplots weaving in and out of the main story. It pretty much stays to the main story with only a few detours along the way that I think you will truly appreciate if you've read the Demonica series. If not, don't worry, they fit right in to this series and, specifically, Eternal Rider.

You can, though, expect Ione's same awesome storytelling and writing. I LOVE Ione for her use of elements from Biblical history, Heaven and Hell. And one thing I've noted in her works is that if a character has a strong moral fiber to their soul, the character will stay true to it. You won't see a character flip-flop their basic make-up halfway through a story. I like that kind of dependability because I like to see a character's mettle tested. Whoa, I got deep for a moment. Time to get climb out of that "deep" ditch...

... Succubus!!! Why does every main character have to be part sex demon? I'm thinking, Ares can do sexy all on his own. I'm just saying...

I can't say too much more without spoiling the story but I will say this: I really enjoyed Cara's affinity towards animals. Cara had characteristics that I had not seen before in UF or PNR until now. I'd love to know if there were more character's like her out there in the world of PNR or UF (when you read the book, you'll know what I mean).

Overall, a great, solid first book in the Lords of Deliverance series!