myparahangover

My ParaHangover

Hale Maree

Hale Maree - Misty Provencher 4.5 stars

Arranged marriages. You’re just going to have to get that burr out of your butt about arranged marriages to read this very unique love story. They happened in the “old days”. Oh well. Once you open your mind, you get a very rewarding story.

I really enjoyed this one because I had no clue what to expect. I bought this solely based on the fact that Ms. Provencher wrote a new adult book and it had a salacious cover. I wanted to see what she was going to do with it. Here’s what she does: Hale gets her life tossed out before her eyes as her dad makes a bargain with a guy she’s never met before. She’s to marry this guy’s son, Oscar, whom she’s never met. So much for her plans. And Hale isn’t even a girl who’s dated a lot, let alone given up her v-card. Great…

Now witness Hale meet Oscar, who turns out to be not quite what his reputation makes him out to be. Ms. Provencher ends up giving us a sweet romance, sprinkled with a wee bit of hotness, and actually a pretty good mystery. I don’t read mysteries so take the latter comment with a grain of salt. I enjoyed wondering “who-dunnit” up to the very end!!! I also enjoyed wondering if Hale was going to go through with the wedding. Does stay loyal to her dad or does she run for the hills?

All in all, a quick little steamer that was a perfect break in between the sassy YA books and the “OH MY GOD!” hot and heavy sex ‘em up, smutty books