myparahangover

My ParaHangover

Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)

Wait for You  -  Jennifer L. Armentrout, J. Lynn Romance…. damn, I love it! Throw in a setting that reminds me of how much fun I had crushing on boys back in college and you have a book I could read over and over and over… well, you get the point.

Wait For You is by J. Lynn, which is Jennifer Armentrout’s “older alter-ego”, and has been out in ebook format since February of 2013. On September 3rd, it will be released in paperback and I know it will only sell MORE! The story is about a girl who uses going away to college as a way to escape as far as she can, both mentally and geographically, from a pretty nasty childhood and an especially horrible incident when she was 14 year old.

Story / Tempo

All Avery wanted to do was keep her head low and attend college classes. If she made friends, great! But this would be a slow process for her because up until this point, nothing in her life has been “normal” for her, especially in the last four years of just getting by. The last thing she wanted was to catch anybody’s attention, let alone the attention of one of the most popular guys on campus.

Yes, I do know how that sounds – cheesy!! But wait a second (tee, hee… I said “wait”, as in the title.. I amuse myself)!!!! The story is NOT cheesy. Ms. Armentrout pulls off an engaging, well paced, and quite a charming story of true first experiences, going beyond what’s been holding you back, and letting someone into your world and trusting them not to run away.

Wow, even I sound cheesy… well, if it’s cheesy, then I ordered up a big fat grilled cheese on country style bread from Panera with 2 slices of american cheese on it (I’m sort of simple), real butter only, please. Both sides of the bread like mom makes.

I shouldn’t be allowed to write reviews when I’m hungry.

Characters

Avery is our girl who comes to college to get away from her family. I really enjoyed her character because she wasn’t some wilted wall flower. Yes, she had a crap-tastic childhood but she came out on the otherside as best as she could. She has a long way to go but she’s managed to keep a sharp wit AND she’s managed to stand up to her family enough to move far away from them, despite them “ordering” her to move back home. There were so many personal traits about her that I just identified with. That’s just me though.

Cameron Hamilton – you will hear about his cookies if you haven’t yet. I’m getting all “swoon-y” thinking about him because he reminds me of several guys I knew in college. I think that’s why I fell so hard for him. Throw in a protective streak a mile wide and I’m a puddle on the floor. I think I’d like his pancakes the best… just saying.

The next book in the series is Trust In Me (Wait For You #1.5) and yes, it’s told from Cam’s POV. In some cases, I’m liking this trend of pulling out the guy’s POV into it’s own book instead of writing it into the original book. I think nuances would be missed otherwise. So I really can’t wait to see what Ms. Armentrout does with Cam’s side of things!!!

OH! And expected February 4th, 2014 is Be With Me (Wait For You #2)!!! Happy dance…

Review appears on button1