myparahangover

My ParaHangover

Trust in Me (Wait for You, #1.5)

Trust in Me (Wait for You, #1.5) - J. Lynn,  Jennifer L. Armentrout 4.5 stars

In case you’ve been hiding in a cave or if romance isn’t your thing, there’s been a recent glut of romance books being written in one POV and then a second book is shortly released from the other half of the couple’s POV. You’ve heard me go on and on and on about how much I love when we get to hear both sides of the story. But this recent trend to separate the point of views into two distinct books has been a hit and miss with me; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t because you really miss half the story.

But in the case of Wait for You (which I already reviewed and LOVED) and it’s follow up, Trust in Me, separating the POVs into two individual books is a huge WIN for me. And even though you really need to read the first book (Wait for You) to get the full effect of this book, Trust in Me can still stand on its own as a playful and heartwarming love story told from the guy’s point of view.

Cam is funny, cocky, with a streak of protectiveness a mile wide. He knows the girls like him and he knows how to use his charm. I think that’s the main reason why Cam is so attracted to Avery, she doesn’t fall for his charm immediately. But he also sees Avery for the bright, beautiful girl she is. I had so much fun reading Cam! Ms. Lynn did a great job writing from a guy’s POV. Who doesn’t love a guy with a beloved pet turtle?

Saving Cam’s POV for a novella let me enjoy their love story again as well as give me some “a-ha!” moments for scenes where I get to see the action from Cam’s side. I was able to see that Cam really was a nicer guy than what he may have appeared to be in Wait for You – if that’s even possible! Am I gushing or what?

If you read the first one, you’ll definitely want to add this book to your growing list of must reads. If you haven’t, you’d be fine reading this one alone, but….. I highly suggest you read Wait for You first. I can safely say this entire series will be in my Top Ten of 2013… easily!

Review appears on button1