myparahangover

My ParaHangover

One Grave at a Time: A Night Huntress Novel

One Grave at a Time - Jeaniene Frost Oh Cat & Bones, it’s been too long! I’ve missed you so. It’s good to be back in your world.

I must first disclose that I am a huge fan of Jeaniene Frost and her writing. There will not be a book of hers that I will not pick up and read. I love her sense of humor, her dialogue and the flow of her storytelling (she never rushes to the end). That having been said, I liked this installment in the Night Huntress series, it just wasn’t the best one yet.

The beginning was a lot of setting up for future 3 books, I presume. There’s trouble brewing back at the compound & Cat’s uncle Don is being a major pain the behind. At the same time, Cat & Bones take on the task of killing a ghost that has spent many Halloweens torturing and burning witches at the stake. The action in the book doesn’t really get going until around page 165. The “good stuff” Cat & Bones are known for doesn’t happen until page 259. For me, that was a long time to wait. The ending was a good enough reward for me (what slowness at the beginning?). This is going to sound really hokey, but I love the way Cat & Bones “love” each other. Yep, I gushed, sorry!! And I sure hope Ian will get a “Night Huntress World” book of his own. But then again, he might not be as funny…

I still miss the good old days of Bones standing on the highway letting a vehicle crash right into him to get to his Cat. I miss Bones dressed for a wedding. Oh, and when Bones came back… *sigh*

But One Grave at a Time was definitely worth the read. Besides, I can always go back and re-read the first books in the series when I want! And I don’t have to wait too long for more Cat & Bones because they have a short story in The Bite Before Christmas (October 25, 2011).